Whether it is to validate a fit plan or design your new space layout, PreVu3D supports a large range of 3D models that you can import in your scanned environment.
Import and place a 3D model
Adding the model to the library
To import a model, proceed as follows :
- Choose the import button in the toolbar and select the file your want to import from the disk
- A window will show up for you to edit the settings of the 3D model you want to import :
- Change the object name to your preference
- Select the file unit, it corresponds to the initial unit of the object (if the object was created and saved in millimeters, you should choose millimeter)
- You may also adjust the rotation, origin and scale of the 3D model, then you can add it to the library by pressing Import Object
Once the object is added to the the library, you can use it from anywhere in the application. You may even share the application with the library containing your objects.
These import settings are global, which mean they will affect all instances of this object in the environment.
Placing and adjusting the object in the environment
You can place any object from the library by clicking on its preview icon then placing the object in the environment :
- You can rotate and move the object using the handles all around it
Rto show all handles
Deleteto remove the object
About the library
The rotation and scale options in the library are global, which means that they affect all instances of the object in the space. It also means that deleting an object from the library will remove all the instances of this object in the current space and in all saves.
Supported 3D formats
|FBX (Autodesk)||MESH||✓||ASCII and BINARY supported|
|STL||MESH||✓||ASCII and BINARY supported|
|STEP, STP||CAD||✓||Some recent STEP are unsupported, they might need to be converted before import|
|DXF||CAD or MESH||✓||-|
|glTF 1 & 2||MESH||✓||-|
|X3D||MESH||✓||Textures might not always be supported|
|3DS||MESH||✓||Textures might not always be supported|