The mesh cutting tool allows you to extract any part of your space easily. You can later export these parts for use with another software, or move these extracted parts somewhere else in the environment for virtual staging purposes.
Basic cut with hole filling
To easily extract an object and fill the blank left by the extraction, proceed as follows :
- Select the mesh cutting tool in the toolbar
- Place points at the base of the object you want to extract. Once you formed the base you can close it pressing
clickingon the first point
- Extrude the base by placing your mouse cursor at the top of the object then press
- Adjust the height of the selection box
- Fill the name of the extracted object then validate, the cutting process will start
- You may adjust the height of the selection box with the handles surrounding the box or by using the slider in the validation window
- If you choose the option Save extracted object, the object will be kept in the environment and saved in the library. The extracted object is totally detached from the cut itself.
Like any tool, you may cancel the tool by pressing on
Manual hole filling
Hole filling only works well in plane surfaces and right angles surfaces (a floor and a wall for example). If you wish to do the hole filling manually, you can disable the auto-generated hole filling using the object panel and use the 3D shape tool to fill up the left blank space with a textured plane.
Exporting the extracted objects
You may export the extracted object as a mesh or a pointcloud file with colors/textures by selecting them and choosing a destination for the file to be exported to via File > Export selected object or by choosing the Export option in the property panel or the object's contextual menu.
Removing a cut
Once your environment has been cut, you may want to undo the cut. Performing this operation can be long as the whole environment will need to be restored and re-cut. As a consequence, a warning may show up if you try to remove a cut.
If you wish to remove all of the cuts of the environment, it is recommanded do so via File > Clear layout, which is much faster that removing all the cuts one by one.
Performances and limitations
Even though the mesh cutting tool is heavily optimized, it might take some time for big objects to be extracted and exported. Mesh cutting might not work properly if you select huge areas or if you use it on Minimal requirements PC.