The shape tool allows you to draw 2D and 3D shapes in your space. It can be useful to validate a fit plan or fill up a blank space.
Drawing a basic shape
PreVu3D offers multiple shapes such as cube or sphere. To place a shape proceed as follows :
- Open the 3D library in from toolbar
- Select the shape you want to place then drag the shape to form the base; If your shape is in 3D, release the mouse after drag to extrude the height of the shape.
- You may adjust the size and position of the shape with the handles surrounding it. You can also show additional handles by pressing
Ron your keyboard.
If you want to accurately resize the placed shape, you should use the property panel of the shape.
Placing a plane is a little different as it is 2D : to place a plane just select it from the shape library then form the plane surface by
clickingto place its points. The plane shape may be used to do a manual hole filling after having used the mesh cutting tool.
Coloring and texturing
You can easily texture and color the faces of the shapes using the shape property panel :
- Click on the texture box to apply a texture to the shape
- Click on the button alongside the texture box to repeat or extend the texture on the shape
- Click on the color box to change the color of the shape, you can then choose a custom color or pick one directly from the environment
You may also import external textures from your disk using the import button in the shape texture library
Same as 3D models, the 3D shapes can be exported as .obj file with textures.